Sunday, September 16, 2007

Round the World Trip - 86 Days 15 Hours and 41 Minutes to go.

You'd never know it but buddy, I'm a kind of poet
And I got a lot of things to say
And when I'm gloomy, you simply gotta listen to me
Till it's all talked away


It has been a bit of a boring week in terms of getting ready to go but I guess we all must have some weeks off. We haven't really done much at all. Nothing has been booked, we are still deciding where to stay in Las Vegas. We had a look at some different tours in Seattle and there are a few aviation museums there which I'm getting so excited about (being an aviation buff and all). The Museum of Flight has the only M21 Blackbird left in the world!!! There were only 2 ever built and the other one crashed so that is going to be pretty special. Well this is going to be pretty short this week but hopefully next week I will have some exciting news!!!!!

Ok tip of the week for all you travellers out there. When you are looking at how to get somewhere don't rule anything out! This week we looked at tours to the Boeing factory which is about $15 USD each. The factory is about 25miles away so how do we get there? Well we can do a tour which will pick us up from our hotel and take us there and back which is about $51 USD each so that is a total of $204 for the four of us. Now we worked out that if we make our own way there the tour would cost $60 for the four of us plus we can hire a Hummer H3 for $100 a day and still be $40 dollars ahead. Ulternatively we can hire a compact car for $40 a day and be $100 ahead. But for my money how often do you get to drive a Hummer......I mean come on for the boys it isn't that hard to choose.

Anyway that is it for this week, until next time

Well, thats how it goes
And joe I know youre gettin anxious to close
So thanks for the cheer
I hope you didnt mind
My bending your ear

(Frank Sinatra - One for my baby)

No comments: